THE MADIGAN GROUP PTY LTD
Blue Chip Marketing Solutions
Is the Google search console a valuable asset for your business? Many business owners will ignore the importance of this free tool - but in this article we will demonstrate its value.
We need to know the main purpose behind the Search Console. That way you will have a better understanding of what you should expect from this tool. The Search Console is designed to help business owners, SEO specialists or marketers, app developers, site administrators and web developers monitor and maintain their site's presence in the Google Search results.
Ranking your website in the Google Search Results is very important and any online marketer or search engine optimization (SEO) specialist would agree. By targeting specific keywords within your niche or industry, you can receive more paying customers. Discovering new ways to rank your website in the Google Search Results is promising and should excite any business owner.
If you are a Roofing Company located in Brisbane, you would target a keyword such as, ‘Roofing Brisbane’. By ranking your website on the first page of these Google Search Results, you have a far better advantage at receiving more paying customers.
To use Google’s free Search Console, you don't have to sign up your site to be included in Google's search results, but doing so can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results. Doing this for your own business will carry many benefits - giving your business a boost above the competition.
So how do you add your website property to the Google Search Console?
Step 1 - visit the Search Console home page and click Add a property button in the top right-hand corner of the page. After clicking Add a Property, fill in your business website address. Specify the URL exactly as it appears in the browser bar, including the final / mark. Remember that you must be able to prove that you own the site or section of that site.
Step 2 - Click continue. This will open the site verification page.
Step 3 - select a verification method to prove that you own the site. After doing so, follow the verification instructions on the page. Google-hosted sites such as - Blogger of Sites pages are automatically verified.
Step 4 - If your site supports multiple protocols (http:// and https://), you must add each as a separate site. Similarly, if you support multiple domains (for example example.com, m.example.com, and www.example.com) you must add each one as a separate site. Additional steps:
- If you support both www and non-www, be sure to specify your preferred domain (www or non-www).
- If you support other variations in your domain or protocol (m.example.com, http://example.com, https://example.com), consider picking canonical urls.
By adding your business to the Google Search Console, you can then monitor your site's performance in Google Search results. Here are Google’s reasons as to why you should use Google Search Console -
- Create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results
- Maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance
- Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues so your site stays clean
- Make sure that Google can access your content
- Submit new content for crawling and remove content you don't want shown in search results
Discover how Google Search—and the world—sees your site:
- Are your product prices, company contact info, or events highlighted in rich search results?
- Which sites are linking to your website?
- Which queries caused your site to appear in search results?
- Did some queries result in more traffic to your site than others?
- Is your mobile site performing well for visitors searching on mobile?
If you enjoyed this article and would like to learn more about Google properties and Lead Generation Strategies, we recommend you visit our website. We help Australian businesses grow a strong, long lasting and professional online marketing campaign. With years of experience in the online world, we have tested our strategies; delivering methods proven to work efficiently for your business. If you would like to get in contact with a specialist today, call - 1300 559 592!
At Madigan Marketing, we look forward to hearing from you!
Would You Like Me To Design A Custom Marketing Campaign For YouFor Free?
© 2017 THE MADIGAN GROUP PTY LTD - ABN: 62 347 889 002 ACN: 600 091 183